fredag 6. juli 2007

Trip to Molde

Today I had a funeral to play in Molde (Røbekk church). I played great, so it was with a relaxed self I drove to Eikrem Golf Course on the east side of Molde. They really have a nice course there, and they've got a pro shop and all. It was nice being there. Playing on holes 4 to 8 was challenging, and then especially on hole six, with it's steep left to right incline, including on the green. Here are a few pictures, once again taken with my very old Sony Ericsson K500i. Yihaa. This is a picture of hole 1. I guess the best player's drive across the rough, but I chose to drive on the left side of the trees. I spent a while searching for my ball, and even had to go back to the tee, to find the line (luckily there weren't anyone else playing there then). To my surprise, when finding it, the drive was great, and I got an easy pitch to the green (played short by 8 feet), then chipped in and holed it on par (5 for me, with my handicap). This is the second hole of the course, featuring a deep ravine to swallow your bad tee-offs. I used my 3W again, and ended up pitching straight on the flag on my third stroke. Since I'm new to the game, my handicap's 36, so finishing this par 4 hole with four strokes, meant I eagled! This beautiful par 5 is a tough one. You can see the water crossing the fairway, in perfect distance from bad tee-offs. Yes, my ball ended up in the water. It was a difficult hole, and this is where my problems started. I scored 0 points three holes in a row starting with this one. I'm really looking forward to playing here again. We'll be going here on Tuesday. If I'm lucky, I can afford another round. It's only 250 NOK to play there the whole day, so I really hope I can find the cash for it.

Ingen kommentarer :

Legg inn en kommentar

Jeg har nå valgt å ta sjansen på å la alle som ønsker skrive en kommentar. For å forhindre uønskede robotkommentarer, har jeg valgt å slå på kommentarmoderering.

Ta hensyn, og les over det du har skrevet før du sender det.